Thursday, April 25, 2019

Bones 4 and Ravenwing

So one of my dogs needed surgery. He is fine but tends to behave post surgery if I'm not running around the house. For modeling and painting that is excellent news!

First up some Bones 4 assembly. The base Bones material has improved quite a bit. Some of the Kickstarter is Bones Black an improved more solid form. I've done a few Bones black models in the past and the detail is excellent and a very solid model.

Really looking forward to the purple portal. I also tried the reaper metallic green and blue paints. First with a pumpkin knight and genie.

It makes an interesting effect. Which leads me to 40k this week.

So mostly worked on expanding my Legion...err successor chapter of the Dark Angels. A bit of building and basecoating (some Blood Angels snuck in too!)

Then I decided it was time to attempt my ravenwing units. I've had them for a while, but painting black armor made me nervous, enough that I always decided to paint something else. Instead of a dark grey highlight I decided to go with a drybrush of Reapers sparkling blue (blue metallic paint).

I liked the overall look. About half done with bikes, need some more details, backpacks etc. However my main goal was to finish the two Dark Angels aircraft.

I almost didn't want to seal them in their canopy, but I really like how they turned out! Of course I feel like I need more Ravenwing now.

No painting tomorrow, Endgame Movie and boardgames.


No comments:

Post a Comment