Sunday, July 21, 2013

Kickstarter

Kick starter can be quite the addiction. So far I've signed up for 8 of them. Today I'll probably sign up for a ninth. Warmachine Tactics. I've been a fan of Warmachine since its initial black and white Prime rulebook. Between my wife and I we have most of the armies. I certainly don't play it as much as a I like, usually being busy the Thursday its played at my local store (Brothers Grimm). However, I still paint the models (for Savage Worlds) and keep up with the story.

So now that a computer game is coming out I'm intrigued. Yet, I'm not a huge real time strategy fan. However, the three games to inspire them have won me over. Their listed inspiration are Valkyria
Chronicles, Final Fantasy Tactics, and X-COM. All three I greatly enjoyed. In fact Valkyria Chronicles is by far my favorite game of this console generation. Its way of handling actions would merge perfectly with Warmachine's Focus idea. For twenty dollars its worth the risk.

In case you are curious my other kickstarters:
Reaper Bones (Painting will be in other posts, only 200 so minis)
Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition (RPG focusing on investigating horror stories)
+5 Food of Eating Cookbook (bit of a delay)
Tremulus (A very rules basic horror rpg, great for quick play and non gaming groups)
Complete Elmore Artbook (Elmore did a lot of the classic Dungeons&Dragons art)
Numenera (rpg by Monte Cook in a ruined future)
Razor Coast (A pathfinder setting in a dark pirate world, originally just by Nick Logue but picked up and finished by Frog God Games)
Rusty the Rust Monster Plush (Cutest for last, a plush rust monster with magnetic antennae.


No comments:

Post a Comment